The turkey hasn’t made its way into the oven yet, but we are already preparing for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If you are like many other holiday shoppers, you are all about getting the best deals on these two major shopping days. With only four weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, there is not much time to shop around.
Beside staying up all night and waiting in long lines for the stores’ doors to open this Friday or checking out every website’s offerings next Monday, there are other ways to make sure you get the best deals out there. Here are eight apps that can help you have a successful, less stressful holiday shopping experience:
- Shopular – This app is one of the best shopping companions you could have. It automatically sends you alerts for coupons and deals close to where you are shopping when you are in stores or the mall. Another plus is you don’t need to have it open on your phone to receive the alerts.
- PoachIt – Have you realized that many of the discount codes you find online don’t actually work? This app helps you cut through the clutter of discount codes and access valid coupon codes as you shop. PoachIt also tracks product prices on your favorite sites so you can buy when the price is right.
- BlackFriday.fm – This free app designed specifically for Black Friday brings you the latest news, biggest sales and the best deals right to your phone. This app provides you with breaking news and leaked ads in real time and allows you to search for deals by store or category. Want access to the best Black Friday coupons? Be sure to download this app before the big day!
- Shop It to Me – Looking for a personal shopping assistant? If so, Shop It to Me is the perfect app for you. This free app constantly searches hundreds of popular online retailers, including Nordstrom, J. Crew and Banana Republic, for the latest deals based on your specific preferences and sizes.
- Gift Suggester – Having a hard time finding the right gift or deciding where to even start for someone on your list? The Gift Suggester app can help you find the perfect gift. You can search by category, recipient, personality or occasion. Once you find the gift you want to purchase, you can do so through this app.
- Amazon Price Check – Wondering if the deal you found in store is the best price or if you could get it cheaper online? Amazon’s Price Check app lets you know if you can get a better deal with Amazon while you are shopping in store. You can type, scan, snap or say a product name to check Amazon’s warehouses and see if they have that product for a lower price.
- Cartwheel by Target– As big Target fans, it is no surprise that many of us love the Target app that helps you save money on things you usually buy. It offers you online coupons that you can use on your phone while at the register. The best thing about this app is it that Target allows you to stack up the savings – you can use your Cartwheel deals on top of coupons, sales and your REDcard discounts.
- Gift It – Who doesn’t enjoy crossing things off of their to-do list? The Gift It app allows you to do so. This Christmas shopping list app lets you assign gifts to everyone on your list and then cross each gift off after you purchase. This app allows you to track you holiday shopping progress by percentage or color.
Looking for other apps to make your holiday shopping a little less stressful this year? Check out Forbes magazine’s list of Essential Apps for Black Friday And Cyber Monday Shopping Deals and VentureBeat’s list of The 8 best apps for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas shopping.
Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving, a successful (and safe!) Black Friday and a deal-filled Cyber Monday!