Are you active on multiple social media sites, posting relevant and interesting information frequently – but feel like you’re still not reaching your target audience?
A recent article on Ragan.com features an infographic from DocStoc and the Pew Research Center with insider details on which demographics use social media. With information broken down by sex, age, household income, education level and more, it will help you understand your target audiences’ social media usage – and ensure you’re spending your limited time on the right networks.
• 62% of males and 71% of females use social media
• 52% of individuals ages 50 to 64 and 32% of individuals 65 and older use social media (Yes, everyone – not just Millennials – are using social media!)
• 65% of individuals with a college degree are social media users
• 68% of individuals with a household income of more than $75,000 use social media
• Facebook is not surprisingly the most popular social media site for adults, with 67% using it. Tumblr is the least popular, with only 6% of adults using it.
• Twitter and Instagram are most appealing to 18- to 29-year-olds, African Americans and urban residents
• Conversely, Pinterest is most appealing to white women who are rural residents with some level of college education or higher and middle to higher incomes.
If you would like more information on how to reach your intended audience through social media, give us a call so we can help you develop your social media strategy, or consider our social media boot camp.