Watch your back, TV advertising. Online video advertising is prepping for a fight.
U.S. consumers spent 3.8 billion minutes streaming video advertising in February, according to Online Media Daily. That’s 9.9 billion video ads in one month, with Google sites (YouTube) serving an all-time high of 2.2 billion ads.
Online video advertising continues to break records. While digital video ad spending was projected to increase 46.5% in 2012, TV ad spending was only projected to rise 6.4%. And that’s only one of the many impressive stats gathered in an infographic by Prestige Marketing (check it out below).
Not sure if online video advertising makes sense for your brand? Here are some of the top takeaways to consider:
- 25% of all viewed video content was advertising
- 11+ billion online ads were streamed in June 2012
- Social media users are 5x more likely to click on videos and photos
- Brand recall increases nine times with ad campaigns on multiple screens (TV, online video, etc.)
- 81% of marketers used online video in 2011
(Image via. Author: Emily Cretella)